sample exam has 150 multiple-choice / True False questions plus
the Answers and a detailed Explanation for each question. Ritecode.com offers
thre (3), separate, sample ICD-9 coding exams. The
format is similar to the questions in a medical coding
certification exam. These Exams are updated each year by at
least December 31. Many are updated much sooner as the new codes
are available. If you require the new year in Dec/Jan timeframe
be sure to send us an E-mail. Or if you require the previous
year exam at any date, be sure to tell us and we will send
It is designed to help you prepare for the:
- Certified Medical Coder (CMC®) from PMI
(PMI) Practice Management Institute.
- CCA® (Certified Coding Associate -AHIMA)
- Registered Medical Coder (RMC)®
Association of Registered Healthcare
Medical Coding Exams - That's nine (9) in all!
focuses on the following objectives:
- Familiarize yourself with the layout of the
- Translate a written diagnosis into the
correct ICD-9-CM codes.
- Learn the correlation between the
alphabetic index and the tabular list.
- Effectively use the Table of Drugs and
Chemicals and the Index to External Causes of Injury and
- Know what "main terms" and
- Know what Eponyms are.
- Understand the concept of sub-categories.
- Be familiar with ICD-9 Instructional Notes
- Know the nine steps for accurate coding.
- Know Acute versus Chronic coding
- Coding Suspected Conditions
- Combination Codes
- Multiple Coding
- Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Know the difference between HIV and AIDS
- Arthritis and Arthropathies
- Respiratory Diseases
- Circulatory System (cardiology)
- E Codes
- V Codes
- Coding for Late Effects
- Coding for Complications from Medical care
It should take you less than 2 minutes per question. I
would allocate no more than five-hours for the entire exam.
The exam will be e-mailed
to you in PDF format at no extra cost. Shipping
by regular mail will be an additional $10.
Payment by check, send to: Jeffrey Restuccio 7204 Deventer Cove Memphis TN 38133