| About Us | Services
| Training | Certification
Prep Course | Coding Tips | Coding
Quizzes | Contact Us
This site is a member of the Medical Banner Exchange
Medical Coding Quiz
Objective: Answer 7 out of 10 questions correctly.
2. Which below is NOT a part of Past History?
3. Which below is NOT part of the Review of Systems?
4. The proper way to list 90 minutes of critical care is:
99292, 99292, 99292
5. "Concurrent Care" is:
Similar services provided by one or more physicians on the same day.
When two surgeons operate on a patient at the same time.
When a patient is being treated for more than one condition, simultaneously (concurrently).
Services rendered by a
physician to provide ongoing review and revision of a patient's plan of care which involves multidisciplinary or complex care modalities.
6. What are the three key E & M components?
Exam, Medical Decision Making.
Systems, Nature of Presenting Problem, Exam.
Medical Decision Making, Review of Systems.
counseling, Coordination of Care..
7. What are the four E & M "contributory factors"?
coordination of care, history.
coordination of care and nature of the presenting problem.
coordination of care, and the nature of the presenting problem.
Medical Decision Making and Time.
8. What is NOT a descriptive component for emergency department levels of E
& M services:
Nature of the
9. What is a major component differentiating between Past History and
Past History is
anything that happened over 30 days ago.
Social History is
anything that has to do with interaction with other people.
Past History is
concerned only with the patient's past experiences with illnesses, injuries and
history is Past History; Current Employment is Social History.
10. "Face-to-Face" time includes:
history, performing an examination and counseling a patient.
Phone calls from
the patient, performing an examination and counseling a patient.
history, office administrative time and counseling a patient.
the patient's family, phone time, office time.
to return to the Main Quiz Menu