| About Us | Services
| Chart Audits | Certification
Prep Course | Coding Tips | Coding
Quizzes | Contact Us
Medical Coding Quiz
ICD-9 Fundamentals 1
Objective: Answer 7 questions out of 10 correctly.
2. Parkinson's Disease is known as a (n):
3. The patient is standing on a chair at a Bon Jovi concert (at a music
off and sustains a brain stem injury when he hit the concrete floor. He loses
consciousness, does not regain consciousness, and dies within 36 hours. Code the
best combination for this
4. Which of the following is NOT listed as a "dependency" in ICD-9?
5. Which of the following are NOT a group specifically identified in ICD-9
as susceptible to extrinsic allergic alveolitis?
6. Code for Type II Diabetes, uncontrolled, with renal manifestations (Kimmelstiel-Wilson
7. If, in the physician's notes, the patient's diastolic blood pressure is consistently higher than 120
and is experiencing renal failure, the coder should consult the physician to
determine if this person's hypertension is _________.
None of the Above.
8. E codes are used to indicate:
Where an accident occurred.
How an accident
Whether a drug overdose was accidental or on purpose.
All of the above
9. "Late effects" are:
The residual effect that remains from
the acute phase of an injury or illness.
An E Code to describe a "late hit" during a football game.
Categorized according to the
"Statute of limitations" (time limit) of the disease, condition or injury.
Are common in insomniacs, and always coded from the psychiatric portion of ICD-9. Always coded
caused by the septicemia bacterialus..
infection that invades the blood stream.
to return to the Main Quiz Menu
Copyrightę 2004 Ritecode.com«
a division of Ritecode
All Rights Reserved.
All brands, product, and
service names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their
respective holders. For more information Contact